Isaiah

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:4-6

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Catching up

For the people who've been following us, sorry for the long delay. Since the last post, David has had the flu (with vomiting), a sinus infection, and I passed a kidney stone a week ago!
Today was David's 18 month check up with the doctor. Now he weighs 24 lbs. 8 oz. and is 30 3/4 inches long. He's making his way up the growth chart! Hard to imagine that nine months ago David wasn't big enough to make it into the American growth charts.

David is really changing a lot -- he's been talking more and is up to more than 15 words. He's figured out how to snap himself into the belts on the swing and grocery carts. Thank goodness he hasn't learned how to unsnap the buckle! Tonight he discovered how to dunk his Nutter Butters in soy milk too. Yum! We still avoid dairy products whenever possible.

Here are some of his new favorites:

-Salsa and Chips - he'll dunk his fingers in the bowl and lick them off
-Potato Chips
-The crust on bread (David would have been my favorite friend if we were same age)
-Making the cow "moo" sound - everything goes moo right now

David's daycare director is planning to move him to the next stage with the two year olds. He's accomplished everything he needs to at this stage and is ready for the next class. (I almost cried when she said it was time to move up -- the baby isn't much of a baby anymore and this happened way too fast!) I'm working on sewing him a toddler nap mat -- yes, I know you can buy those already done, but how often with a boy do you get to sew for him? We picked out Elmo fabric and a minky fabric to make it, so it will be something special for him while he's at daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment